Need new cartridge for single-handle Delta shower

Old 01-17-18, 07:50 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Need new cartridge for single-handle Delta shower

I have a ~15 year old Delta single-handle anti-scald shower valve in one of my bathrooms that occasionally only flows HOT. I replaced the compensation valve several years ago and I guess I need to again. The problem is I can't find the manual now--so no part number.
I'm hoping there's only one choice in replacement cartridge(?)
Taking it apart beforehand is a problem due to distance from stores & my availability so taking the old one with me isn't my first choice--but if that's what has to happen I can deal with it.

Old 01-17-18, 09:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 749 Votes on 688 Posts
Have you visited the Delta website? They have a faucet identifier. You can also call their tech support number.

Old 01-17-18, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Agreed call Delta, they have good customer service and will ship you the parts for free.

Old 01-17-18, 10:17 AM
G
Looks like I'm not going to the hardware today.
The part identifier didn't work. On my desktop it doesn't respond to any choices & on my phone it starts out filtering for "repair parts" but ends up only showing *new* parts for current models.

I called and was surprised it's covered by a lifetime warranty. I just need to take it apart far enough to describe details such as screw positions so I'll do it from home.

This might explain why I can remember installing a new valve but not how I found it. Pity their records don't go back far enough to find my call from years ago.

Old 01-17-18, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...-pictures.html

See the link above to insert pictures. Someone here might be able to identify the valve. Each one is unique in some way.

Old 01-18-18, 08:08 AM
G
Well the joke's on me. I was on the phone with Delta and she said send me a picture. She got it and..."that's not one of ours".
Why would Price Pfister put a greek "Delta" triangle symbol on the knob?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: