Need help re: Clawfoot Tub faucet.

Old 02-06-18, 09:05 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: CANADA
Posts: 269
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help re: Clawfoot Tub faucet.

My daughter has a clawfoot tub and the faucet (pictured) is fed by supply lines the go through the horizontal lip of the tub.

The divertor no longer works, so I started looking for a replacement faucet, but it appears most if not all of these units are designed for through-the-tub-wall installations.

Is it possible to repair the divertor? I've never had one fail... Also cannot find manufacturer's name on the faucet.

Ideas or sources?
Attached Images   
Old 02-06-18, 10:26 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 10,969
Received 727 Upvotes on 643 Posts
You're not looking hard enough. They are available. Here are three examples.

Do a GOOGLE search on Claw Tub Deck Mount Faucet . Also go to FAUCET.COM
E-Bay list lots along with parts.
Old 02-06-18, 11:15 AM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,807
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just a tip. When you do find a faucet like Norm posted, the large nuts that connect the faucet to the risers have a flat washer inside (garden hose washer).
Just snug them up and maybe a quarter turn with a wrench and check for leaks.
The faucet nuts or supply lines do not need torqued down and will leak if over tight.

Your faucet appears to be about a 7" to 8" spread and there are many faucets available where the spread is adjustable.
Measure the center line between the hot and cold valves and that will help you in knowing the new faucet will fit.
Old 02-06-18, 11:18 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 27,978
Received 2,229 Upvotes on 1,988 Posts
Through the lip faucets are commonly available. I installed in my claw foot 10 years ago. I just checked the Kohler website and most of what they carry for claw foot tubs goes through the top horizontal flange.

Most faucets can be repaired. Finding out what brand faucet is a good first step. Barring that I would remove the diverter and take it to a plumbing store, not a big box home center. The people at the plumbing store may find what you need.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: