Pentagon shaped toilet gasket?

Old 02-23-18, 03:06 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 109
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pentagon shaped toilet gasket?

This is probably an easy question for someone who knows, but I have a toilet that had a 'leaning' tank and just did not seem to fit correctly. Finally decided to paint that bathroom upstairs and since we are listing the house this spring want to get the tank back on straight. It appears that I need a rubber gasket that is shaped more like a pentagon (or maybe hexagon - but don't want to go back and look ) and the one that was on there was round. Is this the problem, and where do I find one shaped like that? It's an old toilet but still works fine. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-18, 03:14 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 65,076
Received 3,976 Upvotes on 3,569 Posts
That sounds like an old American Standard type gasket. I had several toilets that used that gasket. I picked up replacements at a plumbing supply house.

You should take the old one with you for comparison.
You will also need a replacement set of tank bolts.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: