Where can I buy this shower plumbing part?


Old 04-08-18, 05:58 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy this shower plumbing part?

I don't know what it is called exactly, but its something like a shower mixer valve. What is correct terminology? The cold water valve side of it is bad. It is extremely difficult to adjust the water temp because if you rotate it a tiny tiny bit, it goes from too hot to too cold. Only after fiddling with it for a while can you get temp just right. before opening up the wall, I thought I would find some separate cold water valve that I could replace, but no, its all one assembly. And to make matters worse, all the parts of this plumbing are soldered together!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-18, 06:14 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,079
Received 67 Votes on 61 Posts
It's probably easier than you're imagining. Post a picture of what you have and someone here should be able to help you.
Old 04-08-18, 06:47 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,002
Received 670 Votes on 620 Posts
You probably just need to replace your shower cartridge. You do that from the handle side of the shower. There are probably a hundred YouTube videos on how to do it, but it depends on the brand and model you have and whether or not you can locate the replacement parts.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: