Changing a tub spout from screw on to slip on

Old 04-17-18, 05:14 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changing a tub spout from screw on to slip on

I have a beautiful Price Pfister Treviso tub spout that I ruined the brushed nickle finish on by soaking it for too long in CLR. The only matching replacement I can find for it is a slip on and the original was a screw on. What do I need to do to convert from screw on to slip on?

Old 04-17-18, 06:08 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I looked at the parts list but I could not tell if the spout from the PF unit is screwed at the back or the front. If the tube from the wall sticks out about 6 or 7 inches then you should be able to use the slip on spout. However, call P-F and ask for a new spout, telling them the finish is defective. It should be lifetime warranty. I know its a little bit of a lie, but see what they say.

Old 04-17-18, 06:19 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you, Norm.

Thank you for your reply. The original spout screws on at the very front near where the water exits so there should be a good 6" of pipe sticking out of my wall. Unfortunately I can't lie so I will tell them that I let it soak in CLR and it took the finish off. Good to know that if they won't warranty it I can spend $65.00 on a matching spout instead of $178.00 to buy the whole set again just to get the original spout.

Old 04-17-18, 06:31 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
If the stub out is copper with a threaded end also in copper, then you can use tube cutters to cut the copper to the size stated on the new spout and then slip over and use the set screw to hold it in place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: