Proper height for toilet flange????

Old 05-13-18, 03:23 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Proper height for toilet flange????

I am installing a toilet in the basement. I have already finished the plumbing except for the toilet flange before filling it all in with concrete.

My question is, at what height should the bottom part of the stainless flange sit?? Should it sit right ontop and level with the concrete floor or should I accommodate for the tile that will go ontop of the concrete floor? and if so how much should I accommodate for?

Old 05-13-18, 06:58 PM
A
Flush with the concrete or tile will be fine. Regular size toilet bolts and about one 3/4” and one 1/2” sponge gaskets are enough to make a water seal.

Old 05-13-18, 07:10 PM
R
Well, I haven't glued the flange on yet would I be better off waiting until I patch the floor with concrete??

I was told I can just wrap the pipe with cardboard to create a space for the flange to slide over the pipe after I patch the floor with the concrete.

Old 05-14-18, 04:39 AM
Received 287 Votes on 257 Posts
The ideal height of a toilet flange should be level with finished floor. So you want to include tile or whatever you plan on for the finished flooring. About a quarter inch above or below is acceptable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: