Bathtube Backflow Problems

Old 06-27-18, 03:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathtube Backflow Problems

I live in a first floor condominium and over the past few months I've occasionally noticed some gurgling coming from the bathtub drain. Twice this past week I've had a backflow of water along with some debris coming from the bathtub drain. The backflow continued for about 3-4 minute, stopped, and then the water eventually went back down the drain. I've experienced no other issues with drains in my condo, and the gurgling was heard only in the bathtub drain. Is this likely due to a clog in the bathtub drain, or could this be a problem in the main line, and therefore a building-wide issue? What remedies might be used to resolve this issue? Would snaking the bathtub drain resolve this problem?

Old 06-27-18, 04:42 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I would bet there is a clog in a drain line somewhere else. Your tub just happens to be the lowest fixture that offers a path of least resistance for things to back up into. I would get on this ASAP as it's will likely only get worse and since you are on the bottom floor all the poo from above... well, make sure the drain lines get snaked out as soon as possible.

Old 06-30-18, 12:12 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would agree with Pilot Dane that there's a clog, and it'd probably an condo association problem, rather than yours.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: