Connecting 1/4 PEX to supply valve for RO system

Old 09-18-18, 05:30 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connecting 1/4 PEX to supply valve for RO system

I feel like I'm missing something. I have an new RO water filtration system. It uses 1/4 pex lines all around, including the incoming supply. I'd like to attach this to a nice little water supply valve in the basement. The trouble is, I can't find a practical way of mating a 1/4 pex line to a supply valve.

I have managed to find supply valves with a 1/4 outlet, but these have the brass collar, which I understand is not compatible with plastic. Also, there are adapters. My PO system came with a push fitting adapter for the little faucet. I tried it on a 1/4 compression male and it fit. Can you buy these magical devices somewhere?

Any ideas? I'm googled out...

Old 09-19-18, 04:30 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I assume your filter uses 1/4" poly lines. I have never seen one that uses PEX. I was able to connect mine to my house's plumbing but it had to go through a couple fittings to make the transition. What exactly you do will depend on the fittings available. Your local big box home center might not have everything needed so going to a plumbing supplier or looking online might be helpful.

Old 09-19-18, 12:00 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Pilot Dane,

I went to a plumbing supply store today. They gave me a water supply valve with a 1/2" compression coming in and a tiny 1/4" compression going out, but with a plastic compression collar -- or whatever the thing is called that goes around the tube and is compressed by the fittings.

Old 09-23-18, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The plastic ferules are used with an insert, like here:

https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-17-0911.../dp/B008E5D1L8

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: