Where to get replacement shower door / panels?

Old 11-16-18, 06:57 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where to get replacement shower door / panels?

I've looked online quite a bit and can't anything. Where would I get something like this, if I wanted to replace this door or panels in this shower? Some parts on the door are getting corroded and ugly so I was hoping to find a drop-in replacement.

Attached Images    
Old 11-16-18, 09:14 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Unless you can identify the manufacturer and get new panels from them I would say get new doors, frame and all. There is no "standard" so every manufacturer's frame and hinges are a bit different and usually not easily interchangeable.

Old 11-16-18, 10:13 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What are a couple common / decent mfrs?

Old 11-16-18, 03:54 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Kohler and Anzzi come to mind, but most are decent quality. What's important is the proper installation. Higher prices are mainly for fancier stuff, but the basic set and install are pretty much the same.

Old 11-19-18, 07:13 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Although it's for a different type of shower, the actual aluminum pieces look just like my door, which was corroded worse. I hope you have better luck than I did. My type shower is a molded fiberglass "alcove" unit that is closed on all sides except the front opening. These are apparently now "out of style" and custom door units are outrageous. I watched Craigslist for over a year with no luck and one day I spotted an entire shower on its side in the front yard of an abandoned house. I came back with my truck and disassembled the door/frame and installed it at home. It was filthy but not corroded & cleaned up like new. It's a miracle it wasn't broken because it looked like it had been there many months.

I think the brand is Sterling.

Old 11-19-18, 11:32 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
Try a local glass shop that does shower doors. If you take in your door, I would be they can make one up to fit. You may end up with a slightly different style metal but I bet it would look much better than what you have. I was able to buy the metal stock and connectors from my local shop to repair my corroded door.

- Peter

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: