Hot water issue after valve repair.

Old 02-18-19, 03:22 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot water issue after valve repair.

I have the Symmons Temputrol shower valve. I replaced the spindle and the two seats last week and it seems now I have to spin the dial all the way till it stops to get a decent shower temp. After I run the water to take a shower and I spin the valve to he spot where I used to stop at it starts to get warm. About a minute or so in I always hear a sound, kind of like a pop and the pressure changes and it starts to get colder so I have to move the dial even farther to the hot side. Nothing is using water at the time this happens so I canít tell whatís causing it. Itís gets hotter when I move it farther but it doesnít seem to get as hot as it did before I replaced the spindle. It used to steam up the bathroom but donít think it will now. When I assembled the valve I made sure the anti scald screw was backed all the way out so I would be able to get full hot water. I also just rebuilt my boiler burner but I donít think that would matter. I donít have a hot water tank the hot water is in the boiler. Do I need to turn up the auqastat.. I never messed with it before. Hereís a link to the auqastat and some mixer valve that on the hot water side. Wasnít sure if I should put this in the boiler section or not.

Thanks for any help!

https://imgur.com/gallery/67Wky8O

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-19, 05:49 PM
S
Update:

I have been looking online about auqastat setting for a tankless water set up. Mine currenty is set at.

Hi: 200
Low: 160
DIFF: 10

I found a site with info about settings and they suggested to set the DIFF to the highest which is 25 and set your low to 20 below your high. So I set mine to.

High:200
Low:180
DIFF: 25

Just took a shower and the water was scalding hot when turned all the way up. I had plenty of HOT water the whole shower time. Iíll give this a shot and see how it goes.

Old 02-18-19, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
200 is a bit high. try 180. Thats normal boiler temp to heat the home..
But when no call for heat the boiler will run off lo setting.

150 should be good for the low.

Changing the differential made the difference

Old 02-18-19, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
But the differential that hi the boiler will not shut off until 195f with the settings you have it set for. On a call for hot water running off the low

Old 02-18-19, 06:02 PM
S
Ok itís been 200 sence I moved in. lol

So you think that

High:180
Low:150
Diff:25

Would be better?

Old 02-18-19, 06:30 PM
S
I just noticed there isnít a 180 for the high on this Aquastat. 200 looks like lowest it goes?