Adding a half bath plumbing question

Old 04-26-19, 08:01 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a half bath plumbing question

Hello,
I am a first time poster. I am doing a re-model on my house and would like to add a half bath. I plan to use a rear discharge toilet. There is a drain behind the wall that I would like to tie into. I am also re-locating the washing machine and hot water heater. All plumbing seems to be above the concrete foundation, and I would like to complete the project without busting into the foundation. I will post pics after this weekend when I tear out sheetrock, etc. and have everything opened up. Is there anyone here that can offer advice? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by kcmc0617; 04-26-19 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something
Old 04-26-19, 09:01 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not the plumbing pro....
Usually when you add a toilet at the slab level..... you'd need to cut the slab to connect to the sewer line. If the line in the wall is the stack(drain) for the second floor toilet..... it's considered a wet line and you cannot connect into it.

Old 04-26-19, 09:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
I agree and rear discharge toilets in the US are almost unicorns. They are available but plan on it being a special order. Also, you have to be accurate with your drain piping from the wall. My guess is that you will have to open up the floor for your toilet and sink drain piping anyhow so you might as well use a toilet that's more common in North America.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: