Connecting water supply to new bathroom faucet?


Old 05-20-19, 04:51 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Connecting water supply to new bathroom faucet?

I am not the best DIYer so need help installing new bathroom faucet. I have attached a picture of the existing faucet's connection to the water supply. Is this a compression fitting or something else? New faucets do not come with the supply lines. So when I install a new faucet, what type of supply lines do I need to connect from the faucet to the water supply in the picture? And how does the new supply line connect to the water supply?

Thank you.
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-19, 05:10 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,815
Received 77 Votes on 72 Posts
Yes that's a compression fitting, it may just be the angle of the picture but that nut sure looks like someone cross threaded it when install.
I'd get rid of the copper line and replace it with a new Stainless steel braided flex line.
The tag right on the line will say Faucet.
Just make sure it's long enough, to long is good, to short and it's not going to work.
You'll also need a basin wrench to get to the connection under the sink.
Old 05-20-19, 05:42 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 23,774
Received 636 Votes on 588 Posts
If you get the flex hook-up hoses, in many cases you can install them on the faucet before putting the faucet on the sink. It makes hooking everything up much easier.
Old 05-20-19, 05:46 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Am I correct that the new stainless steel flex line will just screw into the existing fitting on the supply line?
Old 05-20-19, 10:37 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 59,226
Received 1,119 Votes on 1,039 Posts
Yes.... that is correct.

I left you an amazon link as it has some good pictures but you can get those lines in any home improvement store. Your valve is a 3/8" compression connection. So there will be that on one end and on the other end will be the size to match your faucet. There are a few different combinations. You also need to measure length needed. Slightly longer is ok as it will just flex out of the way.

Flex lines
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: