Connecting water supply to new bathroom faucet?

Old 05-20-19, 04:51 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connecting water supply to new bathroom faucet?

I am not the best DIYer so need help installing new bathroom faucet. I have attached a picture of the existing faucet's connection to the water supply. Is this a compression fitting or something else? New faucets do not come with the supply lines. So when I install a new faucet, what type of supply lines do I need to connect from the faucet to the water supply in the picture? And how does the new supply line connect to the water supply?

Thank you.

Attached Images  
Old 05-20-19, 05:10 AM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Yes that's a compression fitting, it may just be the angle of the picture but that nut sure looks like someone cross threaded it when install.
I'd get rid of the copper line and replace it with a new Stainless steel braided flex line.
The tag right on the line will say Faucet.
Just make sure it's long enough, to long is good, to short and it's not going to work.
You'll also need a basin wrench to get to the connection under the sink.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-Basi...wrench%7D%3Aqu

Old 05-20-19, 05:42 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
If you get the flex hook-up hoses, in many cases you can install them on the faucet before putting the faucet on the sink. It makes hooking everything up much easier.

Old 05-20-19, 05:46 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Am I correct that the new stainless steel flex line will just screw into the existing fitting on the supply line?

Old 05-20-19, 10:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Yes.... that is correct.

I left you an amazon link as it has some good pictures but you can get those lines in any home improvement store. Your valve is a 3/8" compression connection. So there will be that on one end and on the other end will be the size to match your faucet. There are a few different combinations. You also need to measure length needed. Slightly longer is ok as it will just flex out of the way.

Flex lines

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: