How to remove recessed faucet aerator?

Old 06-20-19, 03:07 PM
Received 54 Upvotes on 47 Posts
How to remove recessed faucet aerator?

I cannot determine how to remove the aerator from the faucet in my laundry room so I can clean it. It is recessed into the faucet, with no visible way to grab and unscrew it.

I can't find any identification on the faucet, nor can I find its installation manual. Funny, I know, because I installed it myself many years ago. There must have been a specialized tool which I cannot find.

Attached is a photo of the underside of the faucet. The black circle looks like it might have some notches in it, but I can't figure out how to get a tool in there to unscrew it. Any ideas?

Attached Images  
Old 06-20-19, 03:39 PM
I figured it out. I got a blunt scissors and opened it to the width of the aerator. I was able to engage the notches in the circular black part and unscrew it.

Seems I never figure anything out until I post about it. Admins can delete this thread if they want.

Old 01-16-20, 01:41 PM
What do you know. There's a tool for that. This turned out to be a Pfister faucet, which uses a plastic key to remove and insert aerators. I found the key waaay in the back of a drawer.
Leaving this info here for posterity.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: