bathroom sink faucet handle removal question

Old 07-30-19, 12:10 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bathroom sink faucet handle removal question

Hi folks,

One of the bathroom sink faucet handles stopped working in the sense that no water was coming out when the handle was turned so I decided to try and remove it. I popped the top off with a screwdriver and then unscrewed and removed a long screw underneath that. I scoured the internet watching all sorts of videos on the topic but the handles in those videos seemed to come right off easily the moment the screw was removed. I've tried yanking upwards on the handle and it won't budge. At this point I'm trying to figure out what else needs to be done in order to be able to remove the handle.

Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Attached Images  
Old 08-06-19, 10:45 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
looks like I uploaded too big an image - trying again

Hi folks,

One of the bathroom sink faucet handles stopped working in the sense that no water was coming out when the handle was turned so I decided to try and remove it. I popped the top off with a screwdriver and then unscrewed and removed a long screw underneath that. I scoured the internet watching all sorts of videos on the topic but the handles in those videos seemed to come right off easily the moment the screw was removed. I've tried yanking upwards on the handle and it won't budge. At this point I'm trying to figure out what else needs to be done in order to be able to remove the handle.

Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Attached Images  
Old 08-06-19, 10:57 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
A faucet handle puller is one direct way to remove it. I am sure the pro's will have their tips and tricks without buying a new tool. Then again, if one faucet in your house needs service and is hard to manage, I bet there i another one just waiting for you.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Co...3876/304543091

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: