Shower valve plastic bits

Old 09-24-19, 05:53 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower valve plastic bits

took the handle off my shower valve and was shown a plastic stem. I removed the cheap looking stem and the base of the stem stayed connected to the brass valve. Once I got to the point I aborted the mission in fear of breaking something that i cant get a replacement for. Any ideas on how to remove the plastic base from the brass valve? Started to get nervous when i took off the handle and unscrewed the metal pipe surrounding the plastic and observed every
Part as being cheap (possibly to old and parts arent made for it anymore?). Anyone know a good how to or a video, as im a starter diy’r. Thanks for all help

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-19, 07:38 AM
D
Just wanna make things a tad clearer, i pulled off the retainer nut and pulled out the stem. When i pulled out the stem there was still a plastic piece in the brass body behind the wall. I saw no way to remove that bit of plastic. It appears to be threaded into the brass body. Im not sure what to do here. It looks identical to this model shown on danco site https://www.danco.com/product/tub-sh...-delta-chrome/ Is the valve stem supposed to come out in two pieces?

Last edited by Doylee4693; 09-24-19 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-24-19, 02:56 PM
D
Figured it out, it’s a delta faucet and the part that was stuck in the actual brass body wasnt threaded, just needed pulling out with channelocks. Never seen a plastic valve stem but there you have it