NEO style shower

Old 09-26-19, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
NEO style shower

Hello everyone,

New to the forum. I recently moved into a house with what after looking online seems to be a neo style glass/fiberglass shower. It has 5 sides and goes in the corner with the door on the opposite end of the wall corner. The unit is one piece as the floor and the two walls are all one and then the 3 sides are glass. My question is... there is a black trim that meets the glass and metal fram on the 3 sides that seems to be failing or got cut and allowing water to leak through on the bottom. Would anyone know where I can get more of this trim from. I have looked online and nothing seems to be what I have.

Old 09-26-19, 11:17 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 791 Votes on 728 Posts
It's often called "spline". There are different types. I would pull out a piece of yours at the top of the shower so you can get a good look at it's shape and size so you can buy or order the correct one.

Old 09-26-19, 12:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I have a local building supply company that carries all different splines on bulk rolls. The home improvement stores also have some of the more common ones available. The link is has a chart illustrating some different types.

Splines

Old 09-27-19, 06:56 AM
Many thanks PJmax and Pilot Dane . Iíll go pull off one of the top pieces this weekend and see.

Old 09-30-19, 05:32 AM
So I managed to peel some off the top of one of the sides. I canít seem to find the same style in black, only in grey or clear. Are these things interchangeable as in can I just get a different style for the areas that need to be replaced ?

Old 09-30-19, 12:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,421 Votes on 1,314 Posts
Interchangeable....... not usually.

Each product is designed to mount in or to a specific area. Most slide in to a grooved track. Some are just stuck on while others have a track with screws that hold them in place.

Without knowing exactly what you have it would hard to comment further.
You could post a picture or two for us............. How-to-insert-pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: