Bath Sink Faucet Supply hose too short

Old 10-31-19, 09:56 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bath Sink Faucet Supply hose too short

My new bathroom Sink Faucets come with integrated supply hoses and they are too short. It's a double sink, the one on the left is short about 10-12" and the one on the right is only short about 3". What would be the best way to connect my water supply?

For the left sink I thought about using sharkbite coupling and 10" copper tube and then the 1/4 turn valve (I am open to better ideas) but a little bit confused with what to do with the one on the right.

Attached Images   
Old 10-31-19, 12:27 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,186 Upvotes on 1,956 Posts
Yes, your house's piping is extremely low. Almost like stub-outs in a unfinished basement. I would extend the plumbing to get to a more standard height. In an exposed area underneath a sink where the pipes can get pushed and bumped I would sweat on extra pipe to get to a "normal" height. Shark/Gator Bite fittings work but they don't like strain or movement. I've had several leak when there was strain on the connection.

Old 10-31-19, 12:46 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sweating would be ideal but the pipe is too short for me to try to sweat. I thought about using a sharkbite valve on the bottom and use a delta supply hose like this to the existing supply hose: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Brasscra...-D-Compression

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: