Shower drain pooling?

Old 11-02-19, 11:16 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower drain pooling?

Hi, I have a shower drain that is not draining or is draining very slowly. I tried plunging it earlier and the water was black-ish. I wanted to open the drain plate to try and tackle the clog but one of the screws would not budge as the screw drivers could not seem to grip it (slides right off when trying to turn). Any idea how to tackle either problem (drain and drain plate). Thank you for the help!

Will Drano max help for a clogged/slow drainage problem. I've read mixed reviews online regarding the product.

Old 11-03-19, 12:21 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Probably a big old clog of soap and hair!

Some how going to need to get that screw out and snake the drain, I personally dont like using the chemicals as they are not always effective!

Old 11-03-19, 04:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
First, make sure you have a good quality screw driver of the correct size. Using the wrong size screwdriver or using one who's tip is worn can cause it to cam up and out of the screw.

Then push down very firmly with the screw driver when trying to turn. If the screw driver keeps sliding out STOP before you damage the screw head. If it still won't come loose I would try using a cordless impact driver.

Old 11-03-19, 09:34 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I don't have an impact driver, but have had successes using just a cordless screw gun (aka cordless drill with bit holder and #2 phillips tip). You are able to apply a great deal more force this way than just with a screwdriver.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: