Kitchen sink instant hot water heater

Old 12-30-19, 04:53 PM
N
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Kitchen sink instant hot water heater

Hi. Looking for advice on an instant hot water dispenser. Pricing seems to be all over the place, and the tanks look a little different, but as far as I can tell the only major difference is in the style of the faucet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/compare/...er%20dispenser

Is there anything in particular I should be looking at, or just go with the style I like (and the price I can afford...!)?

Also, is there a particular reason the 1st one in the link above is so expensive? Is it just the style?

And regarding the 2nd one, is there a handle? I'm confused as to how this one works...

Thanks!

Old 12-31-19, 07:03 PM
Received 164 Votes on 147 Posts
The first one is probably more expensive because it has a 3 year in-home warranty. The second one is less expensive and only has a 1 year in-home warranty. The second one has no handle, but it has a button to push for hot water. Frankly, I think they are all a gimmick unless you make a lot of instant soups or drinks. I wouldn't want one.

Norm201 voted this post useful.
Old 01-01-20, 06:39 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 319 Votes on 285 Posts
The more expensive one says it's all metal construction. The other valves are composite. But to be honest, I have no idea if that's worth the extra cost.

In a previous home I had installed one. I really liked having it available and used it more often than expected.

Old 01-01-20, 11:49 AM
Received 594 Votes on 531 Posts
The determining factor will be the electrical facilities to install the unit. It will most likely require a dedicated circuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: