Laundry Faucet

Old 01-03-20, 01:16 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laundry Faucet

Hi, I have an old faucet fixture in my laundry room that provides both washer hookups as well as a faucet above a sink. Picture below. It’s leaking badly, but I can’t find a product that’s similar and would replace it easily. I’d be happy to repair it if possible - I’m sure it would do fine with a new set of o-rings, but I haven’t done this before and don’t know how to find the right rings. Unfortunately I have to turn off water to the whole house in order to work on this faucet, so I need a pretty quick plug and play solution, as I can’t have it in pieces for long. I’d love suggestions!

matt

Old 01-03-20, 01:26 PM
T
Received 108 Upvotes on 96 Posts
Your photo didn't work for me.

Old 01-03-20, 01:29 PM
M
Sorry, should be working now.

Old 01-03-20, 01:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 832 Upvotes on 729 Posts
Where is it leaking? hose bibs normally have a washer underneath the handle. Turn the water off and use a wrench to remove the nut under the handle. If I remember correctly you also need to use a screwdriver and remove the handle. The washer is held in place with screw/bolt. You can buy a multi pack of washers that will have several different sizes.

Old 01-03-20, 01:48 PM
M
It's leaking sort of all over - from the faucet (where water is supposed to come out when it's on), from the cold handle, from where the faucet meets the sort of cross bar (right near the logo).

Old 01-03-20, 02:53 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 419 Upvotes on 372 Posts
Nope, I've never seen a faucet quite like that before! Looks like you could have a nice big project taking it all apart and rebuilding it... or probably cutting into the wall to get to the pipes and reworking them for a more modern faucet & washer valves. Either way, you have a project.

I'd imagine the pipes are threaded steel, and most steel water pipes is well past their useful age by now. So you may want to trace them back to where they connect in and consider replacing with copper/PEX.

Just so you know what you're getting yourself into

Old 01-03-20, 04:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Just guessing here but most likely there are 0 rings under the cross bar and you need to replace the packing under the cold water handle. Also i would replace washers marksr said.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: