Tub overflow gasket and clip

Old 08-07-23, 03:49 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tub overflow gasket and clip

Hi, I need a new tub overflow gasket. My question is looking at on line videos I notice some of these drains also have a tub overflow clip which keeps the drain tight against the tub wall. Mine didn’t have one. I’ve attached picture of the overflow. Do I need a clip too? Thank you, Gail

Old 08-07-23, 03:59 PM
G
Bathtub over flow drain and retainer clip

I need a new tub overflow gasket in condo I bought. In looking at videos I noticed that some also have a retainer clip that keep the drain tight to the bathtub wall. Mine didn’t have one but not sure if I need one. Attached is picture of tub overflow. Can anyone please tell me if this drain type needs a retainer clip. Thank you. Gail

Old 08-08-23, 05:53 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,311 Upvotes on 2,056 Posts
Everything is held in place by the escutcheon plate which squeezes everything together. Do NOT count on their being a water tight seal. Expect it to leak if the tub is filled to near that level. It's OK to handle the occasional splash but it's far from perfect and very likely to leak.

Old 08-08-23, 09:30 AM
G
Thank you Dane, someone told me about a new option called Bluevue. It’s a tube that goes into the over flow drain. I looked it up (link below). Have you heard of this? What do you think?
Thanks.
https://youtu.be/WgsFVyUty90

Last edited by geov999; 08-08-23 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Forgot the link

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: