Undermount Sink Clip mounting

Old 10-10-23, 05:08 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Undermount Sink Clip mounting

I am starting a bathroom upgrade with an undermount to Corian sink. Looks straight forward enough but my question is this: What is the best choice for adhesive to mount the clips? Seems some type of epoxy is the item of choice but are there any pluses or minuses for the many choices? I'd prefer to not drill for screw type mounts.

Old 10-10-23, 05:20 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,229 Upvotes on 1,988 Posts
I usually use pure silicone. But, there are also usually slots or dovetails cut into the bottom of the counter to accept fasteners to help hold the sink in place. The silicone provides a water tight seal and it's a moderately strong adhesive. Strong enough to hold it in position but with a putty knife the sink can be removed reasonably easy. If you use epoxy plan on never removing the sink.

I thoroughly clean both surfaces with alcohol. Apply the silicone then brace it in place for at least 24 hours. Usually I will put a board across the sink opening in the counter. Then run a ratchet strap around that board and through the drain of the sink. Then tighten the strap to hold the sink in place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: