Balcony vinyl floor pitch fix

Old 06-02-16, 08:21 AM
Received 12 Votes on 9 Posts
Balcony vinyl floor pitch fix

I have 2nd floor balcony with what appears to be a heavy duty piece of vinyl covering the floor. It also appears there is a metal pan underneath it. Balcony sides are normal siding.
Problem is, it has drain in far left corner - while water collects in the far right corner. Pools there and then goes stale, No leaks down
There is no easy way to put another drain where it belongs as behind the front balcony "wall" there is bedroom roof coming up mid "wall" height. Balcony is simply recessed into that roof.
What I need to do is to re-pitch the floor so that it drains into existing drain.
Figure hard way is to rip current vonyl off, re-pitch the underlayment, and re-lay same vinyl back, what I doubt will happen as vinyl is likely to be torn. Or, lay a new piece.
Or, simply use something to lay over existing vinyl at the right pitch.
Any ideas? Especially for what to use to fix the pitch? Balcony is about 9 x 4.
Not sure if it sagged or was simply done that way. But where water pools, some siding starts turning black.

Old 06-02-16, 08:37 AM
As they say, one image...
You can actually see by the bottom gap between siding and lynoleum that pitch is wrong.

Old 06-02-16, 12:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I would venture to say it is not linoleum, but a BUR (built up roof) material that was not pitched properly. Removing the product will probably leave you a mess, and if it isn't leaking, I would have a BUR specialty company come out and redo it. The cost of materials and the equipment may not be DIY friendly.

Old 06-02-16, 01:26 PM
naahh, definitely feels like linoleum, just had my hands on it. Or laminate sheet.
No, no companies calling, that's out of question, I am not nuts to spend that type of money. Been like this apparently for 10 years, I can simply keep hating it.
Anyone knows, what can I use to re-pitch the surface as is and cover it with another sheet of something? That I can do.
Like epoxy or something? I'd imagine it got to be different from what they use for tile...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: