Sheet Vinyl Replacement

Old 12-31-19, 07:43 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
Sheet Vinyl Replacement

I'll be starting a cosmetic kitchen remodel in the next several months and am just in the planning stages now. This kitchen was fully remodeled 40 years ago and is in relatively good condition now, but it is dated. The 40 year old Harvest Gold counter tops and 40 year old Armstrong Designer Solarian vinyl floor to match the Harvest Gold appliances are remarkable, but dated and must go. I am planning on keeping the cabinets and installing all new appliances except for trash compactor, I don't think a compactor is a useful appliance any more..

My question is, what is the best sheet vinyl on the market today? I used to consider Armstrong as the best many years ago, but today? I just don't know. If Armstrong is still a high quality product, which of their product lines is considered their best top of the line product?

Old 01-02-20, 04:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Not to change directions, but have you considered vinyl plank flooring vice the sheet?

Old 01-02-20, 09:54 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
Yes, I have, but it's too thick and I don't want a wood grain pattern up against custom oak cabinets.

videobruce voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: