Turpentine help!!


  #1  
Old 05-19-16, 03:40 AM
D
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Turpentine help!!

Hi everyone, I'm an extreme newbie to painting and just spray painted an old dresser.

I got some paint on the kitchen floor tiles unfortunately and when I went to my local hardware store they suggested I clean it with turpentine.

I'm just getting really paranoid about using the electric oven/stove now. How long should I wait before using them? And timeframe for the turpentine to evaporate? I have kept my kitchen window open to air the place.

Any help with cleaning products to make it safe would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
 
  #2  
Old 05-19-16, 03:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,681
Received 840 Upvotes on 737 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

What type of paint was it? did the turpentine work for removal?

The fumes shouldn't be an issue with an electric stove. Fresh air ventilation is the best way to remove the fumes. Can you set up a fan in a window to draw air out? Most any detergent/cleaner will remove the residue from the floor.
 
  #3  
Old 05-19-16, 03:50 AM
D
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for your advice. Paint was Rustoleum and yes it worked with the removal of the residue.

Just a bit freaked out about using the kitchen appliances. Thanks again for your response.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: