Tiling overlap on the new installed bathtub any solution ?

Old 07-27-18, 07:13 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tiling overlap on the new installed bathtub any solution ?

HI
I've just installed the Bathtub by my self following the recommendation on you tube :
I've put it the bathtub site stuck on the wall as shown below then install cement board 1/2 Inch , then after completely finishing the bathtub installation (install the drain kit , fixing the bathtub, installing the walls...)
unfortunately I discovered when need to start the tiling at the top of bathtub the ceramic will overlap the Bathtub , as the bathtub model -shown- in the picture has no enough side top surface,
I am not sure what to do , is that OK and normal to have the tile overlap the bathtub side top surface ? should I replace the cement board with 1/4 inch ?
or remove everything ( the bathtub , the walls ) and reinstalling again and that will be disaster hope is not the solution , any advice please , have you faced like this problem , I highly appreciate your recommendation ?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-18, 07:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 721 Votes on 667 Posts
How hard would it be to shim the tub out 1/4"? And take the 1/2" off the wall so as to lip the 1/2" down to 1/4" along the flange - with a grinder?

Old 07-27-18, 07:56 PM
N
Originally Posted by XSleeper View Post
How hard would it be to shim the tub out 1/4"? And take the 1/2" off the wall so as to lip the 1/2" down to 1/4" along the flange - with a grinder?
My apologize , can you please clarify ? do you mean moving the tub from the wall 1/4 inch (for me I have to remove the drain kit which disaster as it is fixed ? my wall (the cement board ) is totally 1/2 inch .

Old 07-27-18, 08:42 PM
N
as a solution I am thinking , any issue if I replace the 1/2" cement board wall with 1/4" cement board?

Old 07-27-18, 09:14 PM
N
Any reply Please ? is replacing 1/2" with 1/4 " is OK for the washroom ?