Please help with particular tile

Old 12-03-19, 06:57 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Please help with particular tile

Hi

I need to change some floor tiles in a rented apartment. It will be way cheaper for me to do it then have it repaired when I move out so I am trying to find a particular tile.

It seems to be a hard.stone finish with maybe ceramic. One of them is broken so I included a picture of the top and underneath.

Its very like the Neo Urban tile design but that's the closet I have got through continuous google searching but my tiles are quare and the Neo's are rectangle

If I pull up the broken tile will there be some kind of id number I can refernece maybe?

Any help is appreciated., keywords, materials etc... to help me continue searching. Maybe theres a better forum for this kind of request?

Attached Images   
Old 12-03-19, 10:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The problem with tile is the run is designed, produced and sold until gone.
Then the cycle starts over.
It would be very doubtful to find that same exact tile again.

If it was me..... I'd go to some local tile stores and pick their brain.

Old 12-04-19, 01:53 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I have never seen any kind of identification number on the tile itself.

Got to realize tile is manufactured all over the world sold at thousands of hardware and tile stores and unless it's a very generic tile the odds of finding something is slim to none.

Have you looked at the possibility of pulling up a tile in a closet or some other un-obvious location to use as the repair tile?

Old 12-04-19, 04:40 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Even the same brand and style tile varies from one production batch to another. The best bet is to start asking questions. Best if you can find out who built the place and did the work. They you can find out where they get their tile. Or, start checking every tile supplier in your area. And, yes you will have to look beyond Lowes and Home Depot. In the end the odds of finding that exact tile are very slim but sometimes you get lucky.

Old 12-05-19, 07:03 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dear all.

Really appreciate the input, it verified what I was afraid of but sometimes these things happen.

Have a great day

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: