Total home remodel

Old 11-05-17, 09:05 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Total home remodel

I have somewhat of a loaded question, so I wasn't really sure where to post it. I live in a 1973 double wide mobile home that's about 1,350 sq ft. It is in desperate need of a total remodel. It has old wood paneling that has been painted, but I would like to take it down and put up drywall. I would also like to put up new ceilings. I will also probably need to replace some of the subfloor. The kitchen also needs to be completely renovated. I want to install all new cabinets and countertops. The wiring is bad and several outlets do not work and there are light switches that I have no idea what they go to, so I probably need to have everything completely rewired, which I would have a licensed electrician do. The plumbing is not the greatest, occasionaly water backs up in the bathrooms when running the washing machine. I also need new ductwork. I know this is a lot, but I love the layout and location of my home and I would like to be here for a while.
I would have to live in it while renovating. Would this old mobile home be able to handle all of these renovations without falling down? And my biggest question is what should I start with first?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-05-17, 10:33 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work.

Are you planning to live there during the renovations?

Normally, demolition is first, tear everything out, then mechanical, elec, plumbing, HVAC. Then comes constructions, insulation, drywall followed by cabinets, bathrooms, flooring painting.

No different than a house!

Old 11-05-17, 01:51 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would be living in the house during the process. I should have mentioned that I would need to do one room at a time. The order you said makes sense. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: