How can a replacement water heater under warranty?

Old 11-14-19, 08:59 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How can a replacement water heater under warranty?

I have 2 years old water heater ...Bradford white...it started leaking
when I called their cust. service they said...labor will not be covered only parts or replacement ..but I need to go to local plumber first and pay them to diagnose and than they will get me a replacement...
In all of this ..labor will not be covered by Bradford white...

Is there any better option? I can replace water heater myself ..I know tank has a leak so can I avoid local plumber and his labor ?

I mean can I take it directly to Bradford white dealer or supply house locally and get a replacement unit myself?

Old 11-14-19, 11:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,980 Upvotes on 3,572 Posts
If you need to go to a local plumber to get a diagnosis...... you will be skipping that stage if you do the work. You should have asked them what their policy is on a customer replacement.

Old 11-15-19, 04:15 AM
Received 725 Upvotes on 641 Posts
On occasion we will have a customer return a leaking HW tank. We just give a replacement and return faulty unit to manufacture. From whom did you purchase the unit? I would go back to them first.

This is one case where buying from a big box store might be the better choice since their return policies are a lot more forgiving than a plumbing house or plumber contractor.

Old 11-15-19, 09:47 AM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I mean can I take it directly to Bradford white dealer or supply house locally and get a replacement unit myself?

I don't know why not. I'd called the distributor where you purchased the heater first though and take it back to them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: