Water heater element

Old 09-09-22, 02:44 PM
T
Received 74 Upvotes on 68 Posts
Water heater element

Does anybody happens to know which type of heater elements work on this H20 heater? i.e. part # or link?

I don't have access to the heater otherwise I'd pull the element out. I'm hoping to have the replacement when I go back up to the cabin. I get no hits when I look up the model number EFR52DL

Old 09-09-22, 04:48 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
I think your best bet is to pick up one of the "universal" 240V 4500 watt elements at the borg. There is a reasonable chance it will fit and if not you can return it (but they are not expensive anyway).

Old 09-09-22, 05:37 PM
T
If I recall, there are two type of heater elements securing. One that screws in and one that presses in and is secured with bolts. For some reason I thought this might be the bolt in type, that is why I was hoping for a reference.

Old 09-09-22, 06:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
You know that water heater is no spring chicken.
It was manufactured in 1989. Over thirty years old.
Save the money on the element and replace the whole unit.

Based on the Underwriters listing the parent company is American Water Heaters.
Couldn't find an exact part listing from either company but both show that water heater series
as using a thread-in heating element.

Old 09-09-22, 08:06 PM
T
Thanks PJmax , yea when I saw the date code on the serial number I chuckled. We use the cabin maybe 40 days max out of the year, when not in use the electrical is shutoff and heater is drained during the winter. Probably why it has lasted this long. The payback on a newer unit would never be met. I'm not even sure there is an issue with it/the elements, it might be a problem with the breaker on the circuit. Just trying to pre-buy the parts. I'll pickup the screw type element just in case.

Old 09-15-22, 05:37 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
Based on the Underwriters listing the parent company is American Water Heaters.
Couldn't find an exact part listing from either company but both show that water heater series
as using a thread-in heating element.
American Water Heater made a very good unit prior to the sealed combustion chamber technology on gas units. Just a couple years ago I finally replaced my 1985 vintage Mor Flo heater from American just because I knew it was due. With a new element the OP's water heater could last another 5 or 6 years easily, maybe longer if he has a water softener. I am sure the elements with be the screw-in type. I don't think I've seen a water heater with bolt-in elements since the early 1980s.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: