Plumber recommending Water-RIght sanitizer plus water softener

Old 01-12-16, 08:05 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Plumber recommending Water-RIght sanitizer plus water softener

I need a new water softener for our house. It's a raised ranch in N. IL. with 3 full bathrooms, 2 kitchen and is 2,300 sq ft plus basement. We have iron bacteria pretty bad and the sulfur smell is noxious. I have a neighbor/friend who recommends the Water-Right Sanitizer Plus Series Water Softener. What is your opinion?

Link to system: http://www.groundwatersystemsinc.com...Plus_SS_lr.pdf

Hardness: 20 gpg
Iron: 2.2
PH: 7.7
Nitrates: 0.5
Manganese: 0.0

I have another friend who has an Angel Soft system with chlorination(type inside the house where it adds to the water supply after PT) with contact tank, carbon filter then water softener. I believe it was pricey system.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-16, 03:52 PM
H
Any thoughts on the Water-Right Sanitizer system?

Old 01-15-16, 10:40 AM
A
Water filter

Is this day and age there is no need to use chlorine anywhere in the home. It is very effective at treating colors and bacteria but then a post carbon filter is needed to remove all the dangerous expensive chlorine you have added. And carbon needs to be constantly added to the tank as it is consumed in the process. To treat your 20 gpg hardness, and 2.2 of iron, simply install a water softener and a chemical free iron filter. Chemical free iron filters will remove all 3 types of iron and all odours from water. This is all done with the air in the room. The 2.2 parts of iron may be removed with a simple water softener with the addition of iron out in the brine tank, but the smells must be removed with a chemical free iron filter. With all the fixtures you have in the house, the softener will not need to be sized for the hardness count, but for the service flow. A small 1.0 cubic foot softener will easily treat the 20 gpg of hardness, but will only have a service flow of 5 gpm. A 2 cu ft will allow for 10 gpm, and a 3 cu ft will allow for 15 gpm. That may be enough for all the fixtures in the home. This softener will still be priced under $1500 but will use almost $200 of salt/year. Chemical free iron filters are around $1200 with no further cost of product. 2 types of iron filters I recommend are the Charger iron breaker 3 or the Canature/Hydrotech BAF series filters. I have installed hundreds of these with tremendous success.
I still see people use chlorine in their homes, and I cringe every time I see it. It is a old procedure that is not longer needed.
And if bacteria is an issue for drinking, simply install a ultraviolet light that is sized properly for the water flow. Ultraviolet is 3 times more effective at killing bacteria than chlorine is.

Old 01-15-16, 10:47 AM
A
Correction

The Canature/Hydrotech may not be the one for you as they only manufacture a 1 and a 1.5 cu ft. model with the maximum water flow at 8 gpm. The Charger Iron Breaker 3, with Zeo Prep media, can handle flow rates up to 21 gpm.

Old 02-03-16, 04:34 PM
H
Thanks for the information. I am purchasing the Charger Iron Breaker 3 from a local dealer. I am also purchasing a new water softener from him. It's a Charger 64k grain. He recommends the Autotrol Logix valve where's another supplier recommends the Clack WS1. Do you guys have recommendations? Thank you for all the help!!