Continuous rust in W/Softener

Old 03-14-16, 05:29 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Continuous rust in W/Softener

The recylcing after i had the power surge isn't clearing up the water in the toilets. Yesterday the black plastic tank was full of red -(rust colored)water, then that drained away,I keep running this thing thru the cycles. Whys the rust keep coming back??/ thanks for looking bob s

This is in our home for 2 people and the dog.System only serves us.

Old 03-15-16, 04:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
It's hard to tell what's going on not knowing the specs of your water or the equipment you have. If the unit went to long between regens could cause an issue or if it is too small for the application.

Old 03-16-16, 04:48 AM
B
Well they have the water crystal clear now.They want me to purhase a new softener.Why would i want to do this.They rebuilt the head in 2009 completely. $300.00 worth, And i know it could go bad again soon . but for $1300.00 At my age ...72.... should I just take the gamble on this one I have... running the complete race to the finish line...so to speak.They found the salt had " mushed up" from---- her and i not using as much water, as we used too.NEW softners ones are nice, digital and they do everything.Whats you thoughts on this? thanks much. It had a few rusty flakes off the shallow well casting in the yard.holding up its operation also..but now its fine. bob s

Old 03-20-16, 07:32 AM
B
The watercare company came and got my water cleared up again They are trying to sell me a new one.there was rust flakes found And the salt has turned to mush. but they got water clear. bob s latest update.

Old 03-21-16, 10:11 AM
B
Water softener- tank resin ????

I think i need to replace the resin? Tank was drained and refilled, done in 94, the last time. Am i right? bob s[/B]

Last edited by bsa_bob2; 03-21-16 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-22-16, 05:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
If the system is not keeping up with the water usage (allowing iron & hardness to bleed through) then yes it's time to change the media.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: