Water deposits

Old 05-21-16, 07:06 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water deposits

My refrigerator has a filter however, when you let ice from the refrigerator melt in a container, there is quite a bit of deposits. I don't think this is normal. I have very hard water where I live. Constantly dealing with water stains everywhere. I am guessing the charcoal filter in the fridge has zero effect on this.

Is this correct ?.

If yes, then what type of filter would remove a good amount of these minerals ?. Probably won't remove all, but I would settle for half.

Thanks.

Old 05-21-16, 07:10 PM
J
Received 99 Votes on 87 Posts
Need to have the water tested to know what you need for treatment.
In most cases you should have a water softener installed to protect the whole system.

Old 05-22-16, 10:13 AM
F
Ok, so how does one have water tested - I mean where do you go?.

I live in a condo complex, and some people have had softeners installed, and pretty much every single one of them has had some sort of a problem. A neighbor, who happens to be a plumber (moved in recently, softener was already there), had a flood in his unit as something failed in the middle of the night during a backwash cycle.

I am looking for a simpler solution if there is one.

Old 06-02-16, 09:36 PM
Y
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
You can go to a water testing lab for a kit to test your water for hardness...and other items you think necessary. Some cities will test your condo water supply monthly for bacteria...and maybe other items. If so, contact them for past readings. Also get a pool test kit....either liquid or test strips for pH, hardness, chlorine, alkalinity.

Old 03-03-18, 06:59 AM
J
Filkaline provides a pretty good overview of common water filter systems. They inform you about the costs and which pollutants get filtered. They talk about ph value and water treatment methods. Did not know that Reverse-Osmosis Technology makes the water more acidic but filters out most of the pollutants. (No manufacturer can guarantee 100% filtering out all pollutants.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: