New water softener Installation help!

Old 08-16-16, 04:39 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New water softener Installation help!

I recently just moved to a new area and the previous area did not require softeners There is an existing unit which is old and musty and hasn't been used in awhile. I notice on the current unit installed which is an older model has no emergency overflow for the brine tank and that the finished basement has no floor drain in sight. Now I have been able to investigate rip some things apart and trace to where the floor drain is which is roughly centre of the basement. The softner unit is located in the furnace room which is in the corner of the basement and has no access to the floor drain I know in able to feed the drain pipe but my concern is the overflow pipe which must be gravity fed. Are there any other options or units that don't require an overflow or what seems to be my only option is drilling through a few partition walls and running the line under the carpet to the drain in the centre of the room which again was buried in a while but I now have access to and assuming I have a solid enough line there should be slope along the floor from the unit to the drain as even by eye you can see the sloping on the floor thanks any help appreciated

Old 08-19-16, 10:26 AM
J
Im not a plumber, but heres what I would consider. If its putting out a larger volume of water (more than a gallon per minute or so), I would get a small tank or drum with a sump pump to pump the water into the septic or sewage line. If its a smaller amount of water, I would simply use a condensate pump to pump the water to the septic/sewage line. Again, Im not a plumber, just a homeowner.

Old 08-20-16, 01:38 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
The overflow is only good "if" the system has a fault allowing water to build up in the salt tank. With a safety float inside the salt tank, the likelihood of needing an overflow is reduced tremendously. The safety float will shut the flow of water into the salt tank prior to reaching the overflow.

Old 11-26-16, 07:46 PM
Post DIY Water Softener Installtion

Hello Guys here is a video for Water softener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97A98_AsmAo&t=34s

or visit www.aaawatersolutions.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: