Water treatment advice

Old 10-21-16, 05:44 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water treatment advice

I'm going to be replacing a Kinetico Mach series 2060 neutralizer with a newer neutralizer, not a Kinetico. First I'm looking for some opinions on the Fleck valves. I was interested in the Fleck 7000sxt, but it has been discontinued. Does anyone know the reason why? So I'm leaning towards the 2510sxt. Next question is I have very high Iron 8 -10 ppm. I have always just had the neutralizer then a softener and the neutralizer doubled as a filter for the iron. My thought was to add a backwashing Iron filter before the neutralizer and softener but Im concerned about a huge drop in pressure running through three seperate tanks. Just looking to pick some brains and get some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-16, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The first step should be the neutralizer. It is hard to remove iron when the pH is too low. What iron removal system (media) were you thinking of using? I would suggest using chlorination with a retention tank followed by carbon filtration. It's a little more maintenance but more effective IMO.