Kinetico k5 leaking at top pump through small holes

Old 03-03-18, 02:10 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kinetico k5 leaking at top pump through small holes

We've had the Kinetico K5 reverse osmosis system for about 8 years now. We recently noticed a water leak from the unit and upon further investigating found the water was coming from some small holes on the pump housing on top of the unit. It doesn't leak consistently and seems to start after regenerating new water.

Has anyone seen this before and have recommendations on how to fix? We use (3) filters in the unit - the pre and post filters and the reverse osmosis membrane filter.

Appreciate any ideas.

The pump can be seen on page 10 on the manual (https://www.kinetico.com/media/2329/...rs_k5_1216.pdf).

Old 12-16-18, 08:44 AM
Kinetco issue

Hi, were you ever able to get a solution to your problem? I have the same issue.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 12-17-18, 09:54 AM
B
No luck

No luck in finding a fix.
We trashed the unit and bought a new system off Amazon from a different manufacturer that was rated high.

Old 12-17-18, 10:28 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Have you gotten a hold of the dealer about this?

Sounds like a seal in the assembly has failed or is starting to fail.

Old 12-18-18, 08:55 AM
K
I'm having the same problem with my Kinetico K5. Brownish fluid leaking out of two holes on the right side of what looks like a pump housing but I believe is actually called the manifold by Kinetico. The fluid is a mix of something with water and fills about a bucket per week.

Old 12-20-18, 04:13 PM
K
I contacted my local Kinetico center and they fixed the leak problem for a basic service call fee. My system was 7 years into a warranty of ten years so there was no charge for the parts at all. Who warrants anything for ten years??? They also sanitized my whole system for me and replaced the cartridges (which were overdue). The leak comes from the K5 manifold on top of the system and their new version they swapped in has a built-in drain line in case there is ever another failure, and the small holes are gone. They tested my water and found the RO membrane had been adversely affected by the mainifold leak so they also replaced that under warranty. Very happy I called them vs doing something myself. Was a real bargain for just the service call fee. You pay more for Kinetico on the front end, or if you do yourself, but they're really exceptional on their service, and quality of employees. As a do it yourselfer I was reluctant but I am very glad I had them come out to deal with the problem, not to mention saving me hours of time putting something else in that could fail, or I have no recourse to fix in the future.

Old 12-20-18, 04:20 PM
K
Hey, Kinetico fixed my problem for a basic service call fee. Wanted to let you know. I put a post up on details.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: