Salty water taste

Old 04-19-18, 02:51 PM
Z
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Salty water taste

Hello,

Rebuilt the valve on my Ecowater softener a few months back which solved the leaking and brine tank full of water. Everything seemed fine for a few months.

Now, we’re finding that the water has a salty taste from the faucets we don’t use everyday. We have a secondary sink in our kitchen and the fridge water dispenser, both of which get infrequent use.

We don’t have the salty taste at our main kitchen sink or in the bathroom sink which are used multiple times a day.

Any advise to resolve? The unit is from 2011.

Thanks
J

Old 04-20-18, 05:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Read up on the manual as low water pressure could be a reason. The injector assembly would have a full or part plug.

It would be where I would start.

Old 04-20-18, 06:01 PM
Z
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks. If it’s low water pressure, are there any fixes? We’re new in this rural home. It has municipally supplied water, but I believe the source for the 300 homes here is a well. Certainly doesn’t have the pressure which we enjoyed in our old home in a major city.

Old 04-20-18, 08:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
One should be using all of the faucets though the house for water turn over. If there is very low turn over at some there might have been a one off at the faucet.
If there is no salty at the mains then use the others more and clear the lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: