Reverse Osmosis Filter - Pressure Issue

Old 05-28-18, 05:33 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Reverse Osmosis Filter - Pressure Issue

Hello all,

I've been trying to troubleshoot why my RO system keeps losing pressure. I've got an iSpring system with two post tank filters (carbon and alkaline).

I've repressurized my tank (it's up to 6psi at the moment), and have visually checked the water pressure at various points. The water pressure throughout the system is fine until it hits the last alkaline filter where it consistently leaks regardless of my having replaced several joints that could have been faulty, including the filter itself, which was only a few months old.

I took the alkaline filter out entirely to see if the system would work without it. It was fine for a couple of minutes, but then the pressure went down again.

Any suggestions or resources you may have would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite uninformed about this, and have not been finding information that might help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-29-18, 02:04 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
where it consistently leaks regardless of my having replaced several joints

So what is leaking, the housing, the plumbing, seems like you have it narrowed down!

Old 05-29-18, 05:15 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
Are you looking for an air or water leak? You mentioned air pressure for your pressure tank which is why I wonder. Other than that it is usually an easy task to just follow the leaked water to the source of the leak.

Old 05-30-18, 05:01 AM
B
The water is leaking...but I replaced the parts that were leaking, and it still drips there. Maybe it's an air leak somewhere causing all this?

When the joint was still leaking after a full replacement, I removed the whole section where the leak was (the last filter). The water pressure is still going down.

Could it be my flow restrictor is faulty???

Old 05-30-18, 05:21 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
Nope, if water is leaking out it's a water leak and the problem is where you are seeing the water leak out.

You said you removed the problem area and the pressure still dropped. You did not say if you continued to have a leak.

Old 06-01-18, 11:16 AM
B
There is no leak after having removed the problem area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: