How to guide for cleaning BubbleUp Jr Radon Reduction Bubbler?

Old 12-13-18, 10:11 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to guide for cleaning BubbleUp Jr Radon Reduction Bubbler?

All,

Looked all over the web. Cannot find a guide. In their documentation it has a couple of high level instructions. Wondering if anybody has done this maintenance themselves and can provide some information on how it's done.

The manual has these steps listed:
We recommend that you have your Bubble‐Up® Jr Interactive™ unit checked once a year by a qualified installer. The yearly checkup may include these steps: • Run raw water and filtered water radon tests. • Replace the cartridge in the pre-filter and disinfect. • Clean the main Bubble‐Up® Jr Interactive™ tank as described below. • Disinfect the unit as needed. (Pour one ounce of bleach into the pre‐filter cartridge housing.) • Clean and rebuild solenoid valve. 1/2"Rebuild Kit PN: BUB019C or 3/4" Rebuild Kit PN: BUB020C • Replace 9‐volt battery in Water Alarm Valve Control

Old 12-13-18, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,161 Likes on 2,840 Posts
Their interactive manual is pretty thorough. I don't think you're going to find a step by step DIY instruction manual. When it's a life safety issue like radon.... it's critical to make sure the scrubber is performing properly. That's why the manufacturer recommends factory servicing every year.

Prescot interactive manual (pdf)

Old 12-15-18, 08:09 AM
T
I'll ask specific questions that the manual doesn't explain then. Where is the solenoid valve and where can I buy the rebuild kit mentioned in the article? (Googling the part number returns no relevant results)

Thanks!

Old 12-20-18, 03:57 PM
T
So, nobody has a bubbler that they have serviced I guess?

Old 12-22-18, 02:25 PM
T
Going to move on from this forum. For documentation purposes, I am going to pay the company that installed it $160 for the cleaning since I wasn't able to find the expertise to answer questions here.

@PJMax - There is no scrubber. A bubbler removes radon by aerating the water and venting the gasses outside.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: