Replace water softener


Old 01-19-19, 01:25 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: usa
Posts: 14
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace water softener

I recently bought a new house and they left a very old water softener. It looks like there is a metal bypass valve with one handle that can be disconnected from the old softener and then connected to the new replacement unit. Do most softener units come with standard connection to bypass valve? Do they have flexible connections to handle size differences?
thanks for any feedback you can provide..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-19, 02:04 PM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 6,694
Received 395 Votes on 369 Posts
The bypass valve is common on water softener, but to say one unit would connect directly up to another bypass valve would be a stretch.

When you get the new softener it will come with the valve, the old one will have to be removed and new one installed!
Old 01-19-19, 03:58 PM
Akpsdvan's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,949
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
A photo please of the current system.

Some can be rebuilt and others , yes are for the dump.

By rebuilding the system one learns about the system more the plug and play and saves space in the dump.

While rebuilding it one might also be able to do some up grades.

Fleck 2510 can replace a Fleck 5600 as they both can use the same metal bypass.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: