Adding Storage Tanks to RO System

Old 02-23-19, 11:21 AM
J
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Adding Storage Tanks to RO System

Greetings,

I have an under-sink RO system that has the typical single 4 gal. storage tank. I would like to add one or possibly 2 storage tanks to the system. Before I do, I wanted to post a couple of questions to the experts here.

First, is there any reason why I should not or can not add multiple tanks to the system?
Next, if I have 3 tanks total, is it better to connect them using Y fittings vs tee fittings?
And lastly, if I have 3 tanks total, and I use Y's vs Tee's, where do the Y's go with 3 tanks?

I appreciate your time and any advice you can offer.

Steve
Chandler, AZ

Old 02-23-19, 12:10 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Tee's will work just fine. Space will be some thing to look at or going to a bigger tank would cut down on tube runs and tees or elbows.

I did one about 18 months ago when two 65 gallon tanks where plumbed together with a tee to bring them together and then feed the line to the dispensing faucet.

One might also look into a better quality ro system that can make more gallons per 24 hour time frame.
Water temp does play a part in gallons per day.

Old 02-23-19, 12:46 PM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
two 65 gallon tanks where plumbed together
Holly crap batman, must be some commercial usage??

Old 02-23-19, 07:35 PM
J
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Fortunately, space isn't a concern, at least not for the size tanks I'm talking about. 65 gal. monsters would be a challenge.
I pulled the trigger and bought 2 tanks today from Amazon. They'll be here Monday. If I run into any issues, I'll be back to pick your brain some more.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: