Water softener substitute?

Old 07-30-19, 05:31 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water softener substitute?

Hi, I'm a new home owner, just bought my first house a few weeks ago. We are on city water and do not have a water softener or any filtration currently. Our water is really hard and dries out our skin in the shower as well as it has a chlorine taste to it. I'd like to get a water softener AND a filtration system, but our utility room is very small and doesnt have room for a typical water softener. Will just a simple inline sediment filter help with my issues or are there any better recommendations for the whole house? Working on a budget here so not trying to spend a whole lot on this issue. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Old 07-31-19, 02:07 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
a simple inline sediment filter
a filter will only do what it's designed to do, remove sediment!

Unfortunately there is no real substitute for a water softener, there are companies out there with devices and tanks that claim to resolve hard water but I HIGHLY recommend you research them because you will probably be disappointed.

I will warn you that going to your local vodo water treatment company will drain your pocket book, they make water treatment seem like black magic and it's really just some basic water chemistry.

I've installed my own treatment systems for years for 40% the cost of what these jerks wanted to sell!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: