Little to no flow through water softener

Old 10-02-22, 10:01 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Little to no flow through water softener

Hi everyone I recently left my water softener run dry of salt for about two weeks.

I then filled it however noticed that there was a low flow or no flow happening

After watching some videos I used what is called iron out to try to de-clog the softener to no avail

When I do shut off or bypass the softener the house pressure flow comes back to normal

Looking for suggestions on how to resolve this particular issue, thanks in advance Water softener is a Econo Flo, it has a manual dial with limited digital functions on the right hand side.

model - 2120 softener eft30

Mitch

Old 10-02-22, 10:42 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Running out of salt is not an issue, your solution tank would just be out of brine and pulling water, Your going to notice hard water pretty fast since the media isn't bein regenerated.

I then filled it however noticed that there was a low flow or no flow happening
Filled what and what flow was being effected?

Not sure why you would have used a rust cleaner all you needed to do is refill the brine tank and allow it to regen a few times!

Old 10-06-22, 05:15 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Marq1 for the quick response.

i meant i filed the brine tank with salt.

at this moment with or without salt in the brine tank, when I have the softener connected to the house, I have no flow of water in the whole house. If I by-pass the softener, the water flow to the house comes back to normal.

i tried the following just to test.

i left the water in my house running for a full regenerating cycle, the flow of the water was very much solid for most of the regeneration cycle until it got to the rinse and then ended back to the service position.

thanks again, any help would be appreciated, I’m trying to do as many trouble shooting steps before I replace it

would suck to have to spend over $1000+on a new one. This softener unit is less than 6-7 years old.

Old 10-07-22, 12:06 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Im still struggling to grasp what is going on. Again, running out of salt is not an issue, the softener will continue to fill and draw water from the Brine tank like always, it just wont have sufficient Brine content to properly regen the media bed.

A flow issue is another issue, that indicates something is physically blocked like the resin bed but that would be something that typ happens over time, not instantly,

It could be as simple as replacing the media, doesn't mean the equipment has to be replaced. 6-7 year old softener should not have to be replaced.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: