Adding a filtration system to Well water and septic

Old 05-09-16, 11:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a filtration system to Well water and septic

Good Day all,

New to the forum, but not DIY.

I have recently purchased a "new" home that is on well water and septic. Due to numerous reasons (including the sulfur smell), I want to add a whole house water filtration system. I know to avoid any system that is chlorinated, to avoid killing the septic enzymes, but am looking for recommendations for what type of system I should install, and exactly where in the chain of devices I should install the system. I have attached a couple pics of the system for reference...

Name:  20160508_091049.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  20160508_091056.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  48.7 KB

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Keith

Old 05-09-16, 01:27 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
Generally it's best to start with a complete water test so you know what all you are facing. There are dozens if not more types of filter and treatment systems and it's impossible to recommend something to solve your problems without knowing what's in your water and how much of it is in there.

I will say that with a well system (and septic) it's generally advisable to avoid whole house reverse osmosis systems as they waste a lot of water. All filtration and treatment systems are generally placed between the bladder tank and the house main, but the order of them depends on the type of treatments required.

Old 05-09-16, 03:08 PM
Z
Received 124 Upvotes on 115 Posts
I’m no expert but I put together my own treatment system (well water). I was going to suggest exactly what Carbide Tipped says. I think you should get the water analysis so you know what you are starting with.

I don’t know whether Carbide Tipped and others would agree but I’m cynical and would get the water analysis from someone who would not be trying to sell you equipment – like a college or university or maybe some government agency. That’s what I do. Just my opinion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: