Mosquito larvae in pump tank?

Old 06-06-16, 02:42 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mosquito larvae in pump tank?

I've have a vacant property that has the septic pump tank hook into half inch irrigation lines throughout the yard I just checked the pump tank and it's full of mosquito larvae if I turn the pump on will the mosquito larvae block the emitters in my lines? If so, how do I get rid of them to start the system?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-16, 08:13 PM
J
Received 78 Votes on 73 Posts
I've never once heard of or seen 1/2" lines ran off of a septic tank, or heard of them called " irrigation lines".
Why would anyone want raw sewage blowing out on the lawn?

Old 06-06-16, 09:35 PM
E
Why would anyone want raw sewage blowing out on the lawn?
I laughed at that image, then took it a step further and imagined fully controlable "sprinklers" and aiming my mini sewage cannons at a certain neighbor's house...

Thanks!

Old 06-07-16, 05:06 AM
C
It's true (joecaption), I have an aerobic system - septic tank into aerator tank into pump tank into 1/2" drip lines with emitters through out my lawn where they go into 4 zones and believe it or not some homes do have them hooked up to sprinkler systems.

Still looking for an experience personal advice on the mosquito larvae problem I have, there must be a million of those critters in there.

Old 06-07-16, 05:22 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Normally, any mosquito larvae would be smothered by the oil in the scum layer; but the aerobic system must provide them with a sufficient number of bubbles to supply oxygen for them to survive ?

Old 06-07-16, 06:04 AM
C
Vermont - The system has been turned of for a month or so and I'm wanting to turn it back on, the water in the pump tank has already went through the aerator tank and is pretty clear.

Old 06-07-16, 06:13 AM
V
Are there now mature mosquitoes floating on the surface waiting for an opportunity to take off ?

When I lift the Riser cover of my conventional Septic Tank, there is a population of some kind of bug that thrives in that humidity; but they're not Mosquitoes.

I'm often tempted to give them a little dose of "Raid" or some other treat; but they quickly vacate the area.

Old 06-11-16, 07:54 AM
C
Anyone knows if the larvae will clog the emitters in the 1/2" drip lines?

Old 06-11-16, 11:15 AM
V
Originally Posted by catfishhoward
". . . Anyone knows if the larvae will clog the emitters in the 1/2" drip lines? . . ."
I'd reckon that could only happen if those larvae had been super-sized through genetic modification !