Sewage pump plumbing layout

Old 11-05-17, 06:22 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sewage pump plumbing layout

Hello every I need some help.

I am adding a bathroom to my basement and will be installing a sewage pump.

What I need help with is how to layout the plumbing to connect the sink, toilet, and shower which are all below grade under a concrete floor to the sewage pump. I have already cut out the concrete floor and dug the hole for the sewage pump but am now trying to figure out how to run the pipes to the sewage pump. I have attached two pictures. The first is the layout of the basement with the bathroom in it. The second is what I believe the layout should look like.

How close can your sewage pump hole be from your concrete wall? Mines about 4 inches but I see part of the footings in certain areas.

What type of pipes should I use since it will be below the concrete floor?

Any other tips.

Best,

Brendan

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-17, 05:28 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would use PVC pipes, for the underground connections. The 90 degree turn & the distance to the sewer line doesn't look right to me. Lawrosa will confirm or deny that. Can the bathroom location be rotated 90 degrees to avoid that turn & put the ejector pump closer to the sewer line? I've lived in 2 places with ejector pumps. The pumps were between the bathroom & the sewer line.

Old 11-06-17, 07:04 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 688 Votes on 635 Posts
I would also try to limit the number of 90 degree bends in your line. And don't forget to install a check valve in the outlet line from the pump. Also, don't forget that you will need a vent for your sump pit and a vent fan for the bathroom.