HELP ...Inspection Port on a 24 inch Polylok Cover ???

Old 11-28-17, 10:57 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HELP ...Inspection Port on a 24 inch Polylok Cover ???

Ok got 12" High x 24" round risers (Polylok) and 24" covers (Polylok) over a 1500 gallon 2 compartment Rectangular concrete septic tank.... One lid covers the intake baffle from the house the other covers the outlet with a Polylok PL 122 filter.. Sooo if I want to do an inspection on intake baffle or service the filter ( which clogged recently) you gotta take all 8 screws out of the lid do your thing then line the dang thing up again so the screws go in those little holes - A real PITA .. Question is does ANYONE make a lid with an easy removable 6" + - inspection port ??? Any ideas to make my own set up ie cut a hole attach a screw cap Somehow... Crazy that the company that made the tank has a inconvient set up...

Old 11-29-17, 05:44 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 749 Votes on 688 Posts
Really, how often are you removing the hatches on your septic tank? I can have all the screws removed from mine in less than a minute. And, it's not a precision fit to reinstall them so it too goes very quickly. Of course I cheat and use a cordless drill.

Old 11-29-17, 06:09 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I've got three (3) of those PolyLok Covers over my tank:
Name:  IMG_5290_zps5a687d5c.jpg
Views: 2266
Size:  95.5 KB
and you know what, even though they gave me a dozen or so stainless steel screws, I've survived many years now without screwing any of them in.

The wind hasn't lifted any of the covers, and the lawnmower goes right by . . . . and no one has even tried to break in !

Old 11-29-17, 05:42 PM
B
Just trying to make life easier... The filter needs to be serviced / looked at periodically twice a year

Old 11-30-17, 06:32 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 749 Votes on 688 Posts
You MUST secure the lids in place so it can't be easily opened without tools. If anyone opens the lid and falls in will suffocate and you will be held liable due to negligence.

Old 11-30-17, 05:12 PM
B
TUFF CROWD !!
Did a job using a round 1,000 gal concrete tank and they have the 2' cover and a 6" screw cover on a riser over the intake pipe and the out flow pipe to service the filter ...That's why I asked ...SORRY to take anyones time

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: