Issue with Aerobic system

Old 08-22-18, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Issue with Aerobic system

I have a Norweco controlled aerobic septic system installed about 5 yrs ago in Feb. This summer has been brutal with the heat, and I am getting a 'Aerator Voltage Low' message and Warning light. Do a reset, or unplug/plug system back in, and it works until the next hot afternoon. The aerator pump has been replaced very recently, but what I'm beginning to suspect is that in the heat of the afternoon, resistance builds up in the wiring (40+ feet away) to the pump and things start failing.

Tried searching for the error / warning but no joy. Any ideas as to how to diagnose this would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-18, 02:21 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 686 Votes on 633 Posts
Have you contacted the manufacturer & installer to see what they say?

Old 08-23-18, 09:43 AM
No will attempt to contact manufacturer. Thanks....

Old 08-25-18, 03:03 PM
Angry RE: Issue with Aerobic system

So spent time yesterday finding information on the error. Norweco is worthless for support. What they appear to have is a network of distributors in the US that the customer is to go to for support. Read money into that scenario.

Did some research of my own. The error is "Aerator Voltage Low". So Norweco's only support document said to verify that voltage was correct at the aerator. Didnt want to mess with live voltage out at the pump, so I killed the power to the unit, detached the aerator power lines from the bus, and connected them via a metal clamp. Went out to the pump, disconnected the wires to the pump, and checked the two leads for ohms resistance. Had very little resistance to the pump. Ok - so no issue with the wires to the pump.

Powered up the ServicePro console, and immediately the error displayed. Pressed the Reset until all the alarms fired, then pressed the reset again. cleared the alarms. Then I ran the Test to verify that the effluent pump was working and spraying, then pressed the reset again. Checked the voltage on the bus going to the aerator, and it read 120 volts. Went to the pump- yea its running.

I'm of the opinion that the board has a fault in it. I am going to research alternatives to the Norweco controller system since the board has already been replaced once in the 5 yrs.

My opinion of Norweco products has not gotten better. 5 yrs in, I've replace the Norweco aerator pump and the controller board.