Sump Pump Water Issue - Multi Season State

Old 01-21-19, 03:34 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sump Pump Water Issue - Multi Season State

Hello, I need some help. I currently have a pit in my Basement with a Commercial Style Sump Pump, 5 years ago got normal foundation water, the past 2 years Water has been a problem. After Chopping Ice at the end of my driveway for 2 years, I had new piping diverted thru the Basement and out the other side of the house to a downspout drain which diverts the water about a foot from the sidewalk from the back side of the house. My property is sloped from north to south with the pavement being the front. Works great for 3 months of the year. Winter when freezing temps, the downspout drain underground (1) freezes so I have to divert which um, not legal what I do, but causing issues in foundation. Now I am looking for a new fix.

Pump with ground so wet, as I live in PA and more water than we are use to, I run a second Pool Pump on decent temp days to drain to driveway, but What do I do in winter? Pump, Pit in basement never freeze, but I need to revert cause normal way (1) freezes, (2) would dump on sidewalk and my Pump discharges every 2 minutes at about 14 gallons each time. I need a resolution and any help would be appreciated. I have a single home, plenty of grass in the back, but it's sloped downward toward the house. I can't have it on the sidewalk?

Thank you and I will really appreciate any help, I am so tired of losing sleep.

Old 01-22-19, 05:42 AM
A
Received 278 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Construct a leach field in the back yard into which the 14 gallons per two minutes of sump pump water is dumped. It does not have to meet septic system specs because no waste water is dumped into it. But it has to be sized to handle the water you are dumping in.

Old 01-22-19, 05:59 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you AllanJ, I am researching Leach field. My total ground is less than 3/4 acre so not sure this will help my problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: